** For rolling out the dough you can use a pasta maker or a rolling pin.
- For making the dough use a clean countertop. Add the flour and sprinkle of salt to the counter and create a mound and add a well for all of the eggs and egg yolks.
- Add The eggs, yolks, and olive oil to the well. Use a fork to help break up the egg yolk and slowly start swirling the flour in a little at a time. Keep mixing in the flour until the dough becomes difficult to mix.
- Use a bench scraper to scrape the dough together into a ball. Then knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic. When you press your finger down the dough will bounce back.
- Cover the dough for 30 minutes or more to allow the dough to rest.
To make the pasta
- Once you’ve allowed your dough to rest cut into 4 pieces of dough.
- Using one piece of dough at a time while keeping the rest of the dough covered, flatten the piece of dough and roll it out slightly to form a small rectangle. Then set your pasta maker to 0 and roll the dough out 2-3 times. Then change the setting to 1 and roll out. Roll the dough out until it gets to setting 5 or 6.
- Then using a fettuccine noodle attachment roll the dough through the attachment and hang on a pasta stand or floured surface to dry out. While you make the pasta sauce.
- Alternatively, you can simply roll this out to your desired thickness with a rolling pin and cut using a knife.
Brown Butter Sauce
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat with minced garlic occasionally swirling the pan so the butter cooks evenly. When the butter melts it’ll start to foam. Once the milk solids drop and the butter turns a toasty brown it’s done. You’ll be able to tell by the nutty smell that the butter is done.
- Add in the flour and mix well. Then add the heavy cream and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook until the mixture has thickened and add the parmesan cheese, gouda, and the salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate pan add the avocado oil and cook over medium heat. Once the avocado oil heats up add the onions, kale, and spinach and saute for 5-7 minutes. Add the veggies to the brown butter cream sauce.
- While the sauce is cooking prepare a large pot of water to boil the pasta. Once the water comes to a boil boil large handfuls or pasta or all at once and cook for 5-8 minutes depending on desired level of doneness you’re going for. Top with the sauce and enjoy.