Spring Vegetable & White Bean Soup
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can of white beans, rinsed & drained
- 10 to 12 stalks of asparagus, diced
- 1 1/2 cups Stahlbush Island Farms Frozen Green Peas
- Sliced radishes, to garnish
- Chopped parsley, to finish
- Lemon juice, to finish
- Olive oil, to finish
- Parmesan, to finish
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat add the oil, garlic, onion & celery. Cook until the vegetables begin to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, salt & pepper. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth & bring to a gentle simmer. Cover pot with lid & let simmer for 15 minutes to infuse the broth with the mushrooms.
- Add the beans & cook covered for an additional 15 minutes. Add the asparagus & peas. Cook until the vegetables are vibrant, about 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Transfer to soup bowls & top with sliced radish. Garnish with parsley, lemon juice, a drizzle of olive oil & freshly grated parmesan.