Gluten Free Blueberry Crisp
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp orange zest can sub for 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbl fresh squeezed lemon juice about 1/2 of a lemon
- 1/4 cup GF Flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or any unrefined sugar: succanat sugar, coconut sugar, maple syrup, honey
- 4 cups Stahlbush Farm Frozen Blueberries 2 (10 oz) bags
- 1 cup almond flour can sub for any GF flour of choice
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachio nuts optional
- 2 tbl honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of kosher salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Wash and zest lemon and orange. Set aside. Squeeze half a lemon and set juice aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, berries, vanilla extract, lemon juice and zest. Using a wooden spoon or spatula, mix to combine.
Melt coconut oil in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. Set aside to cool slightly.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, pistachio, honey, coconut sugar, cinnamon, salt. Whisk to combine and pour the slightly cooled coconut oil and combine with a fork or whisk. Topping will be coarse and crumbly.
Add berry mixture to 8×8 dish or casserole dish of equivalent size. Spread topping mixture over the berries until fully covered.
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top is a golden brown and crispy and berries are bubbling on the outer edges. If the top is getting too baked, cover with foil and continue baking on 5-10 minute increments or until berries are bubbling.