Did you know that we have a blue heron rookery (habitat) on our farm? They are the best residents! Not only are they magnificent birds, but they also help us with pest management the way Mother Nature intended.
We are getting ready for another bountiful growing season at Stahlbush Island Farms! In the next few months, this landscape will be bright and lush with shades of green and pops of color. The soil has been resting all winter and now it’s almost time for our first crops to pop up and grow tall under the warm sunshine.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day! March 17 commemorates the death of St. Patrick, Ireland’s patron saint. Today, St. Patrick’s day is a celebration of Irish traditions and history. One Irish legend tells the tale of a type of faerie, a leprechaun, that hides pots of gold in remote areas of the Irish countryside. It’s said that rainbows show the way to the leprechaun’s hiding spots. In honor of the Irish holiday, we made our own little rainbow. It’s made out of Stahlbush Island Farms frozen fruits and vegetables. It’s our version of a pot of gold!
1. Cranberry Christmas Cake: A deliciously festive treat, this cake is easy to make and a real crowd pleaser.
2. Roasted Rosemary Sweet Potatoes: Easy, healthy and nutritious. This is a perfect side dish for any holiday meal.
3. Marion Blackberry Cobbler: This delicious dessert is the perfect mix of sweet and tart.
4. Gingerbread with Warm Cranberry Compote: Stahlbush cranberries give this holiday dessert a superb finish.
5. Roasted Butternut Squash: A perfect go-to recipe for whenever you need to make a healthy side dish in a pinch.
6. Cranberry Sauce: A classic holiday dish with ruby red Stahlbush cranberries.
7. Strawberry Streusel Mini Bread: A lovely little breakfast treat or neighborly holiday gift, these mini breads are sweet and crunchy.
8: Cranberry Pear Crumble: This recipe is ridiculously amazing! It’s really easy to make and the graham cracker crust is an interesting twist to the classic crumble.
9. Simple Marionberry Sauce: This sauce is so good that you will find yourself looking for random things to pair with a sauce.
10. Cranberry Apple Bread: Complete your holiday table with a loaf of this delicious treat!
It’s strawberry season! Ripe red and deliciously sweet, these berries will soon be picked and quick frozen. Don’t forget to check out our ‘10 Strawberry Recipes to Savor‘ for recipe ideas!