Roasted Blueberry Lavender Ice Cream
- 2 tablespoons + 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 bag Stahlbush Island Farm Blueberries
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon culinary lavender
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chill the ice cream bowl in the freezer overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350(f) degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the blueberries & sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of sugar. Roast until the berries begin to burst, about 20 minutes. Set aside to cool completely or refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a saucepan over medium heat add the milk & lavender. Bring to a simmer & remove from heat. Let stand for 15 minutes before straining out the lavender.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk together the egg yolks & remaining sugar until well combined. Temper in the lavender milk & transfer mixture back into the saucepan. Continue cooking over medium heat until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Strain mixture into a mixing bowl. Whisk in the whipping cream & vanilla. Cover with plastic wrap & refrigerate until cooled completely, minimum 8 hours.
- Transfer chilled ice cream base to the frozen ice cream bowl & churn for 25 to 25 minutes. Fold in blueberries & transfer to a freezer safe container.
- Freeze until solid, about 4 hours. Enjoy!