Crepes with Caramelized Pineapple and Blueberries
- 3/4 cup Whole Milk
- 3/4 cup Cold Water
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Triple Sec or Grand Mariner
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 5 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted
Pineapple and Blueberry Topping:
- 1 medium Pineapple, diced
- 1 bag Stahlbush Island Farms Blueberries, frozen
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Triple Sec or Grand Mariner
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Combine the milk, water, egg yolks, sugar, triple sec, flour, and melted butter, in that order, into the cup of a blender. Cover and blend on high speed for 60 seconds. If anything gets stuck to the sides of the blender, remove it from the sides with a spatula and blend a few seconds longer to combine. Tightly cover the batter and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours, up to overnight.
- To make the crepes, lightly butter a crepe pan or shallow skillet heated over medium heat. Add 2 ounces of the crepe batter to the pan and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Cook for 60-90 seconds on one side, then gently lift and turn them over and cook the other side for about 60 seconds. Turn the pan upside down over a plate to turn the crepe out of the pan.
- To make the topping, in a medium skillet, heated over medium heat, melt the butter and add the pineapple and 1/2 cup of the sugar to the pan. Stir to coat and cook until the sugar fully dissolves and the pineapple begins to caramelize, about 8 minutes. Add the triple sec to the pan and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove the pineapple to a bowl to cool a bit.
- In the same pan add the bag of frozen blueberries and the remaining sugar and cook over medium heat until the sugar dissolves and the mixture comes to a boil. Boil for 1 minute and remove from the heat. Reserve until needed.
Using an immersion blender, or in a mini food processor, chop the pineapple to form a paste, reserving 1/3rd of the pieces of the pineapple for garnishing the top of your crepes.
- To serve the crepes, spread 1-2 tablespoons of the pineapple paste inside a crepe. Roll the crepes up and top with the blueberries and any reserved pineapple pieces.