Southwest Brown Rice & Black Bean Salad
A Stahlbush favorite, this Southwest brown rice & black bean salad has a great combination of flavors. It also came in third place in a Stahlbush employee recipe competition.
- 1 bag Stahlbush Island Farms Brown Rice & Black Beans
- 1 bag Stahlbush Island Farms Super Sweet Corn
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded, deveined and chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup oregano & basil rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Fill a large pot half full with water and bring to a boil.
- Slowly pour in rice and beans.
- Wait for water to return to boiling.
- Slowly pour in corn and again wait for water to return to boiling.
- Remove from heat and immediately pour through a strainer.
- Drain rice, bean and corn mixture thoroughly, transfer to a large bowl and set aside to cool.
- For the dressing, put all of the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Pour dressing over rice, beans and corn.
- Toss together.
- Chill before serving.
Stahlbush Island Farms http://www.stahlbush.com/