Amy's Savory Chicken Soup
At a company potluck, this amazing dish made it’s debut. We were all completely smitten. Enjoy! Recipe courtesy of Amy Smoker.
Write a review
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, cubed
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 - 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup potato, cubed
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 - 2 chicken breasts
- 1 package Stahlbush Island Farms Black Beans & Brown Rice
- Heat oil in a soup pot.
- Add onion, celery, and carrot. Cook on low until limp.
- Add chicken stock, potatoes, paprika, cayenne, cumin, oregano, and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add chicken and Stahlbush Island Farms frozen black beans and brown rice.
- Cook for 15 minutes more or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve immediately with sour cream.
Stahlbush Island Farms http://www.stahlbush.com/