Green Pea Hummus
A delicious twist to a classic hummus while sneaking in a bit more veggies!
- 1 (16 oz.) package of Stahlbush Island Farms Garbanzo Beans
- 1 (10 oz.) package of Stahlbush Island Farms Green Peas
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 medium garlic clove – chopped
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- Sea salt
- 3 ½ Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Paprika to garnish
- Red Radish slices to garnish
- Mint leaves to garnish
- Blanch frozen peas and garbanzo beans in salted boiling water for 1 minute, then drain and quickly rinse under cold running water.
- In a food processor combine the garbanzo beans, 1/2 of the green peas, tahini, garlic, cumin and ½ tsp salt.
- Pulse about ten times, until the chickpeas are coarsely chopped.
- With the machine running, stream in the lemon juice and water and process to a thick smooth puree scraping down the bowl once or twice.
- With the machine running, stream in the olive oil and continue to process until the mixture is as smooth as it can be, about 1 minute, scraping down the bowl once or twice.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning with more salt if needed.
- Add the last half of the green peas and give it one quick final blitz.
- Transfer the hummus to a wide, shallow bowl for serving.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld. Sprinkle with paprika, red radish slices and drizzle with olive oil.
- Finely chop a bunch of mint leaves and stir through.
- When pulsing the second half of the green peas, make sure to not overdo it. You want the remaining peas to be only lightly mashed in to give a rougher texture.
Stahlbush Island Farms http://www.stahlbush.com/