Green Pea and Cilantro Soup
A savory combination of green peas and cilantro.
- 2 (10 oz.) packages of Stahlbush Island Farms Green Peas
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 green chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 3/4cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons (2 American tablespoons + 2 teaspoons) approx. chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
- Bring the chicken stock to the boil.
- In a separate pot, melt the butter on a gentle heat add the onion, garlic and chili.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and sweat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the peas and cover with the hot stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Add the cilantro and transfer to a blender or food process.
- Process until smooth.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Serve with a swirl of softly whipped cream and a few fresh cilantro leaves sprinkled over the top.
Stahlbush Island Farms http://www.stahlbush.com/