Green Garbanzo Hummus
A roasted poblano adds the perfect amount of spice to this vibrant hummus
- 1 poblano chile
- 1 (10 oz.) package of Stahlbush Island Farms green garbanzo beans
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed
- 3 Tbsp. tahini
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. ice cold water
- red pepper flakes and paprika to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Coat the poblano in olive oil and roast for 30-45 minutes or until charred on all sides.
- Flip the poblano half way through baking.
- Remove from oven, cover and let steam for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Add the frozen green garbanzo beans and bring the pot back to a boil.
- Drain and rinse.
- Let cool slightly.
- When the poblano is cool enough to handle, remove the seeds and peel the skin.
- Roughly chop and add it along with remaining ingredients to a food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with red pepper flakes and paprika.
- Serve with pretzels, pita chips or crisp veggies.
Stahlbush Island Farms http://www.stahlbush.com/