Chicken Pot Pie
Try this traditional Southern-style chicken pot pie recipe. It’s sure to be your new signature dish. Recipe courtesy of Kay King Hall.
Write a review
- 2 bags Stahlbush Island Farms Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup half & half
- 3 cups chopped chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence
- 2 Pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 375ºF
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Saute onions and celery.
- Blend flour into vegetables and heat for 1 minute.
- Add broth and half & half. Stir over low heat until thickened.
- Add chicken, spices, and mixed vegetables.
- Pour into a pie pan that is pastry lined.
- Put lattice strips across the top with 2nd pastry.
- Bake at 375ºF for about 40 minutes.
Stahlbush Island Farms http://www.stahlbush.com/