Strawberry Thumb Cookies
Once you make our delicious Strawberry Honey Freezer Jam, it opens the door to so many other recipes! One of our favorites is Strawberry Thumb Cookies, a little bite of shortbread topped with a spoonful of jam and baked to perfection! These little cookies are so great to have on hand.
Write a review
- 11 Tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Strawberry Honey Freezer Jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg yolks and vanilla.
- Gradually mix in flour. Shape dough into 1/2 inch balls.
- Place them about 1 inch apart on the cookie sheet.
- Press down center with thumb.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon of jam into the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Stahlbush Island Farms http://www.stahlbush.com/