Reward a hard day’s work with this scrumptious dessert made with the freshest ingredients. This strawberry shortcake recipe is a personal favorite of Stahlbush’s co-owner Karla S. Chambers.
Write a review
- 2 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup crisco shortening or butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 (10 oz.) bags Stahlbush Island Farms Strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- whipped cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in the shortening or butter with a pastry knife.
- Add the milk and stir with a fork until moistened.
- Turn onto a well-floured surface or a pastry board.
- Knead about 25 times.
- Use a biscuit cutter to cut out shortcakes and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, mash thawed strawberries in a large bowl with a potato masher, reserving some whole strawberries for garnish if desired.
- Stir in 1/2 cup sugar to the berries.
- Combine heavy cream, sugar and vanilla extract in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Now assemble the strawberry shortcakes.
- Cut the shortcakes in half and top with strawberries and whipped cream.
Stahlbush Island Farms http://www.stahlbush.com/