Ginger-Topped Sweet Potato Cupcakes
These creamy little sweet potato cupcakes were a big hit among Stahlbush employees. Try them today! Recipe courtesy of Arielle Nuñez.
Write a review
- 2 bags Stahlbush Island Farms Sweet Potatoes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 6 oz. Greek yogurt
- 1 box (5.1 oz.) vanilla instant pudding
- 2 packages cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup diced candied ginger
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and place cupcake liners in a muffin tin.
- Follow the directions on the sweet potato bags for defrosting, and then drain the excess water.
- Place potatoes in a food processor and pulse until pureed. Set aside so that it can cool a bit before you add it to the mix.
- In a small bowl, combine the instant pudding mix, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the brown sugar, white sugar, and butter.
- Add the eggs one at a time, followed by the Greek yogurt.
- Add the sweet potatoes.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients; mix until relatively smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake liners, filling them 3/4 of the way full.
- Stick in the oven for 25-27 minutes.
- Test with a toothpick for readiness, and let them rest for five minutes before removing from the tin.
For the frosting
- Cream the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth with a hand blender.
- Add the powdered sugar slowly so that it doesn't fly up everywhere.
- When the frosting is ready, place it into a piping bag. Cut the tip and squeeze dollops onto the tops of the cupcakes.
- Sprinkle with candied ginger sparingly over the top.
Stahlbush Island Farms http://www.stahlbush.com/