Blueberry Cookie Crumble
This recipe comes in at just under 320 calories per biscuit if you use fat-free whip cream. It was inspired by a farm to school event we are doing in March. Getting children excited to eat healthy can be SUPER fun for grownups too!
Write a review
- 1 bag Stahlbush Island Farms Blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup frozen whipped cream
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chilled butter
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 beaten egg white
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, lemon zest, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add butter in small pieces.
- Add buttermilk and stir until moist.
- Place dough on a floured surface. Roll dough to a 1/2 inch thickness.
- Use a biscuit cutter to cut out 8 biscuits. Place about 2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Combine water and egg whites. Brush the egg wash lightly on the tops of the biscuits.
- Bake for 13 minutes.
- Combine 1 cup blueberries, 1/4 cup sugar, lemon juice, and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until thick, about 5 minutes. Place in glass tupperware.
- Add the rest of the blueberries and combine until coated.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator.
- Cut biscuits in half.
- Add thick layer of whipped cream.
- Top with blueberry sauce.
- Cover the cookie with the other half of the biscuit.
- You can save time by using already prepared biscuits.
Stahlbush Island Farms http://www.stahlbush.com/