Strawberry Crumble Squares
A perfect recipe for leftover jam! We used our strawberry rosemary jam for this recipe. These little bars are a perfect treat for breakfast or dessert.
Write a review
- 13 tablespoons butter (about 1 1/2 sticks), at room temperature
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2- 8oz jars of Stahlbush's Strawberry Rosemary Jam
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Whisk together the flour and salt and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer.
- Add the vanilla and beat until combined.
- Slowly add the flour. Dough will be loose.
- Pour about 2/3 of the dough in a square pan.
- Pat it down on the bottom and up the sides, should be 1/4 inch thick.
- Top with jam.
- Spread evenly along the bottom.
- Combine the rolled oats, flour, and sugar.
- Cut in the butter using a pastry knife or your fingers.
- Add the remaining dough to this mixture.
- Press tiny clumps together with your fingers. Place on top of the jam until covered.
- Top with sliced almonds.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
Stahlbush Island Farms http://www.stahlbush.com/