Raspberry Chocolate Chip Scones
Chocolate and red raspberries are my new favorite combination. These scones are oh so good and easy to make. Prep time is about 10 minutes and bake time is another 15, 25 minutes all in…can’t beat that!
Write a review
- 1/2 bag Stahlbush Island Farms frozen Red Raspberries
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus 1 tablespoon for the topping
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in the butter, until the mixture looks like meal.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and red raspberries.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, milk and vanilla extract.
- Stir into the flour mixture just until evenly moistened.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and gently form it into a ball.
- Pat the ball into a circle about 1/2 inch thick.
- Use a biscuit cutter and cut out scones.
- Place the wedges 1 inch apart on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Brush with a tablespoon of sugar on top.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
Stahlbush Island Farms http://www.stahlbush.com/