Need a Monday morning/afternoon/evening pick-me-up? Try these deliciously simple Stahlbush Marion Blackberry Scones.
Write a review
- 1 bag Stahlbush Island Farms Marion Blackberries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus 1 tablespoon for the topping
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in the butter, until the mixture looks like meal.
- Mix in the Marion blackberries.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, half & half and almond extract.
- Stir into the flour mixture just until evenly moistened.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and gently form it into a ball.
- Pat the ball into a circle about 1/2 inch thick.
- Use a biscuit cutter and cut out scones.
- Place the wedges 1 inch apart on the baking pan, lined with parchment paper.
- Brush with a tablespoon of sugar on top.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
Stahlbush Island Farms http://www.stahlbush.com/