Cranberry Almond Scones
These scones are deliciously simple to make and oh so good! I like to use my fingers to combine the butter, but a food processor works just as well.
Write a review
- 1/2 cup Stahlbush Island Farms Cranberries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus 1 tablespoon for the topping
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 425ºfF.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in the butter, until the mixture looks like meal.
- Mix in the cranberries and almonds.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, milk and almond extract.
- Stir into the flour mixture just until evenly moistened.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and gently form it into a ball.
- Pat the ball into a circle about 1/2 inch thick.
- Use a biscuit cutter and cut out scones.
- Place the wedges 1 inch apart on the baking pan.
- Brush with a tablespoon of sugar on top.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
Stahlbush Island Farms http://www.stahlbush.com/