Baked Eggs and Herbed Cauliflower Rice Skillet with Oven Roasted Tomatoes
Alison Wu developed this amazing recipe featuring our Cauliflower Crumbles
- 1 pint sun gold or cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- 2 bags Stahlbush Island Farms Cauliflower Crumbles
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 6 pastured eggs
- 3 scallions (green part only), cut thinly on bias
- Almond milk ricotta or any other crumbly cheese you like
- Radish sprouts
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Halve tomatoes, toss in oil, salt and pepper.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, spread the tomatoes with the seeds facing up.
- Roast in the oven for 90-115 minutes.
- Tomatoes should be shriveled a bit and slightly golden in some areas.
- Once they’re done, remove from oven and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a heavy-bottomed skillet that is oven safe, heat 2 Tablespoons oil over medium heat.
- Add cauliflower crumbles and sauté for 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally until cauliflower is mostly unfrozen.
- Cover pan with a lid and let cauliflower steam for another 3-5 minutes or until tender but not mushy.
- While cauliflower is cooking, prep the herbs.
- Once cauliflower is done, remove lid from pan, turn heat to low and throughly mix in the herbs, salt and pepper.
- Spread the cauliflower mixture so it’s even in the pan.
- Turn heat off.
- Create 6 holes and drizzle a bit of oil in each one.
- Crack one egg into each hole.
- Bake skillet in the preheated oven for 10-13 minutes or until egg whites are set.
- Remove skillet from oven, top with roasted tomatoes and desired garnishes.
- Serve immediately.
Adapted from WuHaus
Stahlbush Island Farms http://www.stahlbush.com/